January 22-27, 2019
Countdown to World Youth Day 2019!
“I am the servant of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word.” (Luke 1:38)
Some Panama WYD Details
- World Youth Day 2019 in Panama will be in January instead of during the summer as is typical for WYD. Why? Since Panama sits very near the equator, the summer is especially hot and is also their rainy season. January is their dry season and also still warm and beautiful. Schools in Panama are also out from Christmas until early March, so it makes it possible for youth in that country to attend WYD while on break.
- Some details about Panama itself:
- Panama is 75-85% Catholic.
- Panama uses the US dollar as their official currency.
- Spanish is the official language.
- Electricity is 110v, the same as the US.
- There are 10 provinces and 5 native reserves in the country.
- The weather is tropical. Average high/low in January is 88/68 F.
- Panama hosts the Panama Canal, which brings a lot of income to the country.
- Tourism accounts for 12.6% of the economy.
- Panama City is a beautiful, modern city. Many hotels in the city are new within the past 5-10 years.
Travel insurance is available for the World Youth Day trip to Panama. Please visit our insurance site for more details and to obtain a quote.
About Dube Travel
Dube Travel was the official USA travel agency for World Youth Day 2016 in Kraków, Poland.
Looking for a travel partner you can trust? We would love to have a conversation about what we can do for your group. We have worked with over 30 dioceses and have sent thousands to World Youth Day.
We Are Passionate About World Youth Day
Dube Travel is passionate about creating opportunities for the young to participate in the worldwide gathering of the Church with the Vicar of Christ, the Holy Father. We believe that the World Youth Day provides a unique experience of the universal Church, an experience which is life-changing and begins a journey of conversion for many. It is an extremely powerful witness when the Pope asks a million or so young pilgrims to take a minute in silent prayer together. As you look out over the massive crowd in utter silence, you immediately realize that God is at work in that place within the silence of those hearts.
Our Approach to World Youth Day Pilgrimages
Our agency is along with you for the journey from the beginning right until the end. Much of the work for World Youth Day is done in the preparatory stage and we are proud to help in any way we can to assist your group get ready for their trip. You can find out more about our approach on our World Youth Day Services page.